Today, you can do almost anything on the internet from buying a new car to chatting with your friends around the globe. For the past several decades, healthcare professionals have been developing ways to utilize the increased connectivity of the internet to offer greater access to treatment. At Family Connections Therapy, we use a teletherapy communication platform to conduct online therapy sessions. Via video chat software, we’re able to talk face-to-face with you just like we would in the office. You can learn more about adult online therapy sessions on this page or call our team of online therapists in California to find out more.
What is Online Therapy?
Teletheapy, which you may have heard called something like virtual counseling or online therapy, is a way of utilizing video chat platforms to conduct therapy sessions. At Family Connections Therapy, we’re excited to provide this option that delivers many benefits for our clients, including:
- Greater access – we’re able to provide the same quality of care for those in our San Diego community and across the entire state of California via online therapy sessions.
- Convenience – if you can’t get away from work or school to come into our San Diego-based office for regular sessions, you can still visit us consistently using teletherapy.
- Increased comfort – if you struggle to relax and open up in the office, online therapy sessions can help you feel more at peace. When you’re in your own home where you feel more relaxed, you may be able to talk more openly.
How Does Teletherapy Work?
We offer online therapy using a secure and private HIPAA-compliant platform. This form of counseling may be new to you, but we will help you feel completely prepared for the teletherapy session. We offer regular 45 to 50-minute online therapy sessions and 25-minute sessions. Below, we’ve included the basic steps to help you feel prepared for your teletherapy visit:
Before Your Session:
- You’ll receive an email from your clinician with a link to the teletherapy platform.
- For the session, you’ll need a computer, smartphone, or other devices with a camera, microphone, speakers, and internet connection.
- Plan to conduct your online therapy session in a private space where you feel comfortable.
The Day of Your Session:
- About five to ten minutes before your scheduled appointment time, click on the link from your online therapist.
- Enter your name and complete any other prompts that appear when you access the teletherapy platform.
- Enable the audio and video buttons on your screen.
- When your online therapist logs in, they will connect with you
- Then, you should see your therapist, and your session will begin.
Are Online Therapy Sessions Right for Me?
Teletherapy is a convenient way to work with your therapist from anywhere in California! Because our platform is HIPPA-compliant, it is just as secure as seeing your therapist in person. There are many reasons why you may want to visit with an online therapist from your own home. Sometimes, there’s too much traffic or it’s raining. Other times, you are just too tired to get dressed and get into the car. No problem. Just open your online therapy link, and you are in a virtual office without the stress or time of driving to our physical location. Your San Diego-based online therapist will be in a secure (according to HIPPA-compliance standards) area of either their own home or our office. From anywhere in California, we can see you in the comfort of your own home.
Teletherapy may be new to you, but we can make the process easy and straightforward. When you’re ready to learn more, the Family Connections Therapy team would love to hear from you.
Ready to Start Online Therapy in California?
Whether you are in San Diego, Los Angeles, to somewhere in between our online therapists can help you. We offer lots of mental health therapy services for you, your child, and your family. Follow these steps to start online therapy at Family Connections Therapy.
- Contact us to speak with a caring specialist at Family Connections Therapy.
- Start meeting with your San Diego-based online therapist.
- Start getting the support you need from anywhere in California.
Mental Health Services Offered at Family Connections Therapy in California
In our San Diego-based therapy practice, we offer lots of options to support you individually and your family as a whole. For youth we have, children’s therapy, therapy for ADHD, attachment and healthy development, and play therapy. As well as LGBTQIA+ and transgender therapy for kids and teens. Our Marriage and Family Therapists also offer family therapy and marriage counseling. For adults, we offer individual therapy, depression treatment, anxiety treatment, and more! Contact us to learn more about our therapy services!